Snowing In Seattle
Regardless of what calendar system you follow, the end of the year is upon us and the feeling of a hopeful new year is strong. Harness that positivity…choose to be better, do better, love better. <3
Holiday cheer time of year
Spread holiday cheer this year – volunteer, donate, connect
Yuletide is a time of year for appreciation, generosity, kindness, magic, love, and all those other warm feeling moods. There are many ways to take part and I hope that you do. Regardless of your religious or political beliefs, this is a time of year in our American culture to embrace the diversity that makes America so special. Be kind to each other. Tolerate those that are different than yourself. Display affection and generosity, in whatever ways you are able to. Spread and share in the holiday spirit.
Below are some links to local ( Seattle area ) organizations and communities that reach out and help spread hope, kindness & cheer during the holiday season. The holidays are a great reminder that we are all part of this shared world, we all have joys and sorrows, success and failure stories….we all share some type of common ground.
Holiday stockings for homeless children
Give Joy this winter ( westsidebaby )
The giving tree at Pike Place Market
How to help ensure that everyone who wants to vote in the 2020 elections are able to
1) Help inform people on the importance of voting and how to registrar to vote
- Why Should You Vote? In the simplest terms, Because if you don’t vote, You won’t have a say in how our country is run
No Vote, No Voice
2) Get involved with a campaign
- If there’s a candidate or campaign that you feel very strongly about, get in touch with the local campaign office to see how you can help out by making calls, going door to door, distributing signs, and posting on social media
3) Provide transportation & safety in order to shuttle people to and from the polls and ballot drop off bins
- One reason some people don’t vote is a lack of reliable transportation to get to a polling location, also some are fearful or intimidated by going to a polling place alone for the 1st time.
4) Volunteer to be a poll worker on election day
- Be an active part of the election process on election day, ensuring a safe environment for all who want to vote and are able to
A Fall dusk in Seattle
Be merry, make merry, enjoy mary 😉 and Happy Holidays!
Sweet July surprise
The two newest loves in my life, my girls…
Grown-up dessert on a Wednesday night in February
It’s cupids day to reign
There doesn’t need a to be a special occasion to read erotic poetry, but valentines day is the occasion if there ever was one. Enjoy the romance of lust and love….happy cupids day cyber world!
The supreme court is hearing arguments for and against the idea of marriage equality, an idea that says same sex couples have the same rights granted by the constitution and straight couples do, hence the term marriage equality. The definition of what is marriage is being examined and defined. I always believed marriage was linked to love and commitment…..though I have been hearing some people say marriage was always about child rearing and nothing more. Well we live in a different era than when we needed to procreate to contribute here. The world is populated and i say let people be together for love, rather than only to bring children into the world. That is great if you want to do that, but we shouldn’t exclude people who chose not to, and if you are in love with someone and it is mutual, why shouldn’t you be allowed that joy of love. Support marriage equality between consenting adults.